Anhydrous citric acid is a kind of natural component and intermediate product of physiological metabolism in animals and plants. It is also one of the most widely used organic acids in food, medicine, chemical industry and other fields. It is colorless transparent or translucent crystal, or granular, granular powder, odorless, although has a strong sour taste, but pleasant, slightly astringent taste. Gradually weathering in warm air, slightly deliquescence in moist air.
Citric acid is widely distributed in nature and is found in the bones, muscles and blood of plants such as lemons, oranges, pineapples, currants, raspberries, grape juice and other fruits of animals. Synthetic citric acid is produced by fermentation of sugar, molasses, starch and grapes. It can be divided into anhydrous and hydrates. Pure citric acid is colorless transparent crystal or white powder, odorless, with an attractive sour taste. The translucent colorless crystal obtained from a hot concentrated aqueous solution is anhydrous and has a melting point of 153℃. The translucent colorless crystal obtained from cold water solution is monohydrate with a density of 1.542. Soften at 75℃ and melt at about 100℃. A substance may lose water in dry air. It's a strong organic acid. Soluble in water, ethanol and ether. Used in the manufacture of medicine, soda, candy, etc., also used as metal cleaner, mordant, etc. Citric acid is found in high amounts in many fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits, especially lemons and limes - they contain high amounts of citric acid, up to 8% when dried (about 47g/L in fruit juices). Citric acid levels in citrus fruits range between 0.005mol/L of oranges and grapes and 0.30mol/L of lemons and limes. This amount varies with different cultivated species and plant growth.
1. Mainly used as a sour food agent, but also used in the preparation of medicine freshener, detergent additives, etc
2. Used as experimental reagents, chromatographic analysis reagents and biochemical reagents, also used in the preparation of buffer. Used in the food industry especially as an acidifier, pH buffer, and as a preservative with other compounds. It is an ideal substitute for phosphate in the detergent industry. Boiler chemical cleaning acid lotion, boiler chemical cleaning rinse agent. Mainly used as a sour food agent, also used in the preparation of medicine freshener, detergent with
3. Citric acid is the most functional and versatile acid. High solubility, strong chelating ability to metal ions, can be used for all kinds of food, according to the production needs of appropriate use. In addition, this product can also be used as antioxidant synergist, synergist and preservative of compound potato starch bleaching agent.
4. It is widely used as an acid and drug additive in food and beverage. It can also be used as raw materials and additives for cosmetics, metal cleaning agent, mordant, non-toxic plasticizer and boiler scale inhibitor. Its main salt products include sodium citrate, calcium and ammonium salt, etc. Sodium citrate is a blood anticoagulant, and ammonium ferric citrate can be used as blood tonic drugs.
5. Used as an analytical reagent