Specifications for EPDM Pool Solar Heating Mat
EPDM rubber for mat & Polypropylene for header
Solar Absorption Area
Test Pressure (air pressure)
-40°C to 200°C
How Many Mats for a Pool
Solar Absorption Area = 70% Pool Area
How the Solar Heating Mat Works
Your existing pool filtration system pushes pool water through the tubes in the solar heating mat.When the water in the tiny black tubes,it will be warmed by the sun’s ray more easily due to the smaller and slower flows. Then the warmed water returns to your pool.After a few hours cycle,the water in the pool can increase 6-10 °C.
Reference Installation Picture
How dose Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater work?
1. Water is pumped from the spa or swimming pool through a multi tube solar collector,
2. The solar energy collected by the absorber is transferred to the water during its journey.
3. As the water passes through the solar collector it is warmed by the sun a
4. Then the heated water returned to the pool.
*Location and Time, Tools&Plumbing Requirements for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
1. Locaiont and Time for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
The solar collector shall be positioned facing sun as much as possible for a maximum efficiency.Idealy 30 deg.(above horizontal) facing south/east.
Position collector achieve a minimum of 6 hours of direct exposure to the sun every day will optimize performance. Larger systems can compensate in non ideal installations.
2. Tools&Fittings Requirements for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
Tool Required for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater : Drill/Extruder Gun (for adhesive tubes)/Mini wallpaper roller/screw drivers/Hacksaw knife.
Fitting Required and optional accessories for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater: Booster Pump/Solar Controler/Non return valve.ect
*Our Advantages for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
- Solar Pool Heaters are eco friendly and produce clean energy and will not harm the environment.
- Solar Pool Heating Systems can literally double the amount of time you can comfortably use your pool and adds real value to your pool and home.
- Solar Pool Heating can pay for itself in a very short period of time, depending on the system used and installation.
- Solar Pool Heating Systems reduce your energy usage will give you real dollar savings every day. An average home can expect to save around $300* off their energy bills - year after year.
-Solar Panel roll is made from NBR+PVC,Which is virtually immune to ultraviolet radiation and ozone, highly resistant to pool chemicals and harsh climate,Recommendd minimum pool coverage is 75%
*Solar Pool Heater for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
The solar heating systems is supplied in 4 m² boxes and contains necessary components to install solar collector to your roof,rack or Lawn.
The 4 m² boxes contains as follows:
(1) 8 pcs of solar panel roll, each length is 3m.
8 pcs of manifold pipe, on top and end side each is 4 pcs.
(2).2 pcs of end cap
(3). 2 pcs of reduction connector
Calculation Example: Rectangle Pool Meters 8m in length x 4m in width x
1.5m in average deepth coverage required.
- Measure your pool i.e. 8m in length x 4m in width x 1.5m in deepth= Pool volume 48 m3
- Recommended minimum panel coverage is 75% = 36 m2
- Each pre-fixed is 1x4m2 =4m2,so you require 9 pcs of pre-fixed to cover a 48 m3 pool ;
- Ideally Solar Panels should face in a southern position.
- Direct sunlight for a minimum of 6 hours every day.
- Larger systems can compensate non ideal installations.
ROOF PLUMBING SCHEMES FOR Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
Here are some typical roof plumbing configurations for conventional orientation. Remember to slopeeverything to allow water to drain from the bottom headers of the solar panels as well as the piping on theroof. On sideways installations you don't have to do that. The tubing can freeze solid with water in it andthe air doesn't get trapped in the upper corner like it can on conventionally oriented systems as shownbelow. The roof line is a horizontal line on the roof. In other words tilt everything so the piping andbottom headers will drain by gravity. Co-incidentally that means the top headers will allow air to rise upand out of them naturally.
@ Installation Overview for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
@ 3-Way Control Valve
@ High Pressure Solution
As to solar pool heater mat, the working pressure is 1-2bar will be ok.
*Maintenance and Troubleshooting for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
1. Leak In The Solar Panel:
Due to puncture or bird damage, cut out the damaged section of tube(approx,5mm either side of the hole),then insert the spare splicing barbs supplied.
The rubber that joins the tubes together toform the solar matting needs to be cut awayeither side of the tubing (approximately 2cm)using a pair of scissors. Be careful not to cutthe tubing!
Insert a plastic repair tube (30mm x 6mm -provided) using lubricant into rubber tubing. Apply Cable Tie to either sided of the plastic repair tube.
2. Leak In The Solar Manifold Header:
The rubber that joins the tubes together to form the solarmatting needs to be cut away either side of the tubing(approximately 10cm) using a pair of scissors. Be careful notto cut the tubing!.
Remove and discard broken or damaged nozzle from rubbertubing. Drill an 8mm hole into theexisting nozzle hole (onheader) to slightly enlarge it.
Insert a plastic repair tube (30mm x 6mm - provided) usinglubricant into rubber tubing. Leave 10mm of rubberprotruding from the end of the plastic tube.
Stretch the rubber tube with the insertedrepair nozzle and force it into the pre-drilled hole (step 2). Use pliers and lubricant to do this.The objective is to force the plastic repairtube down the rubber tubing and create aseal against the sides of the pre-drilledhole!
3. Broken Roof Strap:
Replace the broken roof straps.
4. Too much pressure in the booster pump
Install a 3-Way Ball Valve between the feed and return lines. to reduce the water flow.
5. Winter In Low Temperature
In winter climates, prior to freezing temperature, solar panel, pipes and valves must be drained of all water, using blower or shop vac to blow out lines. Checking for loose lag bolts, leaves and debris, Roate valve half way and shut off power, after removing all water, removing the end caps.
6. Summer in High Temperature
In hot summer, water isn't circulating through the systems, the use of a drain down valve and one way check vale is necessary, it is important to remember that in prolonged periods inactivity, the solar heating systems must be DRY, on-circulating water left in extreme heat over extended periods of time may become stagnant and promote bacterial growth,
*Warranty Information for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater
Solar panel rolls for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater: 10 Years Pro-rata Warranty
Header kits Accessories for Portable Solar Swimming Pool Heater :2 Year Conditional Warranty
This warranty covers the purchaser for failure of product, defective material or workmanship and will be replaced or repaired and is not a cash payment.