Affordability Meets High-Quality
Zebra’s feature-rich, competitively priced GK888 desktop printer brings Zebra quality, durability and reliable performance to many low- to medium-volume, direct thermal and thermal transfer printing applications.The use of the original 888 DT / TT series of the same mechanical design, customers can easily upgrade to the newGK888. GK888 tailored specifically for Chinese users, preset contains GB18030 Simplified Chinese fonts and Traditional Chinese fonts.
Compact Design Filled with Powerful Features
The GK888 printer’s compact, space-saving design contains a powerful 32-bit processor for fast label throughput, and 8 MB Flash memory for increased storage of fonts and graphics. The GK888 supports media widths up to 4.25” for standard desktop applications. It also includes both EPL2™ and powerful ZPL II Programming languages—making it easy to integrate with other Zebra printers. Peeler/dispenser option extends the GK888 printer’s versatility to meet an even greater variety of applications.
Ideal for These Applications
Government: asset management, documents management, evidence tracking
Healthcare: laboratory specimen and blood bank labeling
Retail: price labeling and receipt printing
Manufacturing: light-industrial work-in-process, product and shipping labeling
Transportation & Logistics: boarding tickets, bag tags, parking passes
SPECIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE*
• 32 bit RISC processor
• Programming languages: EZPL (ZPL, ZPL II and EPL2)
• Triple connectivity: USB, parallel and serial
• Print methods: Direct thermal and thermal transfer, printing of barcodes, text and graphics.
• OpenACCESS™ for easy media andribbon loading
• Microsoft Windows drivers
• ENERGY STAR Qualified
203 dpi/8 dots per mm
8 MB Flash, 8 MB SDRAM (standard)
4”/102 mm per second maximum
Reflective and transmissive sensors
1.00”/25.4 mm to 4.25”/108 mm
0.38”/9.6 mm to 39”/990 mm
Maximum Media Roll Size
5”/127 mm O.D. on a 1.00”/25.4 mm,
1.5”/38 mm I.D. core
0.003”/0.075 mm to 0.007”/0.18 mm
• Roll-fed or fan fold
• Label stock (die cut or continous, direct thermal or thermal transfer)
• Tag stock (die cut or continous, direct thermal or thermal transfer)
• Receipt paper (continous, direct thermal)
• Wristband stock (direct thermal or thermal transfer)
244’ (74 m)
1:1 One ribbon per roll of media
1.33”/33.8 mm to 4.3”/110 mm
• Operating Temp: 40° F/5° C to 105° F/41° C
• Storage Temp: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing R.H.
• Storage Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing R.H.
TUV-R NRTL, TUV-R CB, NOM, KCC, CE, FCC Class-B
Width: 7.9”/201 mm 7.9”/201 mm
Height: 6.7”/170 mm 6.8”/173 mm
Depth: 8.2”/208 mm 9.4”/239 mm
Weight: 3 lbs/1.4 kg 3.2 lbs/1.5 kg
• ZebraDesigner™ Pro—An intuitive, easy-to-use software program for creating complex label designs (option)
• ZebraDesigner—Offers basic features for simple label design
• ZebraDesigner Driver—The most powerful driver available from Zebra
• ZPL II—Zebra Programming Language provides sophisticated label formatting and printer control.
• EPL2™—Eltron Programming Language with Line Mode simplifies label formatting and enables format compatibility with legacy applications.
Communication and Interface Capabilities
• Centronics parallel (36 pin) connector ports
• RS-232 Serial interface
• USB V1.1 interface, bi-directional
• 16 resident expandable ZPL fonts
• One resident scalable ZPL font
• 5 resident expandable EPL2 fonts
• Supports user-defined fonts and graphics—including custom logos
Bar Code Symbologies
• Bar Code Ratios: 2:1 (non-rotated) and 3:1
• Linear Bar Codes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128A, B & C (User selectable/Auto), UCC/ EAN-128, Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions, UPC-E with 2 and 5 add on, Plessey, POSTNET, Standard 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, MSI, Codabar, and GS1 DataBar™ (formerly RSS), Postnet (5, 9, 11 & 13 digit) Japanese Postnet, Plessey (MSI-1), MSI-3, German Post Code, RSS-14 (limited, truncated, stacked).
• 2-Dimensional: PDF417 (MicroPDF-417 and MacroPDF-417), Code 49, Maxicode, Codablock, Data Matrix, QR code, and Aztec.
Options and Accessories
• Dispenser—Label peel and present with label present sensor
• KDU and KDU Plus™—Keyboard display units for stand-alone printing applications
• Auto-ranging external power supply with C7 type connector
• Output: 20 VDC, 2.5A
• Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
• ENERGY STAR qualified printer