MAGNI Manufacturer 28#/35#/50#/75# Safety Chuck For Pneumatic Shaft
What is a Safety Chuck?
It is a quick coupling used in shafted center wind and center unwind applications, Our safety chukcs without shaft enables reels to be easily loaded whilst ensuring the shaft cannot be removed when winding.
Chuck safety features
1. Safety chuck is needed for frequent connection transmission and out of the work of action mechanism, provides a quick and accurate, easy and safe coupling
2. Chuck's mouth with special heat treatment process, greatly prolongs the service life
3. Chuck all critical dimensions for machining center, CNC machine should bed processing, ensure the accuracy of its positioning
Technical parameter of safety chukcs without shaft
Maximum load (Kg)
The maximum torque kg.m(N.m)
The square bar size (mm)
Safety Chucks do three things
1. They provide for a quick change at the end of a production run (either winding or unwinding).Therefore, there is less down time during turn around and the more cost effective in operation.
2 . They provide a means of transmitting torque to the roll being wound / unwound. Torque in the form of a drive on the rewind end of the operation and torque from a brake on the unwind side.
3. Finally, Safety Chucks provide for concentricity between centreline, or axis, of the Safety Chuck and the center line of the Air Shaft. Less eccentricity between the Air Shaft and Safety Chuck results in less vibration and wear.
How do you operate a Safety Chuck?
To load the Safety Chucks for take up or pay off operations, rotate the round locking collar or handwheel to zero degrees. Tilt back the handwheel exposing the square pocket. Lower the shaft square journal into the square pocket of the Safety Chuck.
When the shaft is seated in the Safety Chuck the handwheels are closed by hand prior to start up. If the roll should rotate before the handwheels are closed, the handwheels will automatically start to close at 5 degrees either side of the zero. They will be closed at 15 degrees either side of the zero. This is the safety feature of the Safety Chuck.
Start the operation. Torque is transmitted through the Safety Chuck to the shaft. The speed of the take up and, the amount of tension required can be controlled with the inclusion of a compatible Boschert Brake.
At the end of the operation rotate the handwheels to zero degrees, tilt the handwheels back and remove the Air Shaft