Network Time Protocol (NTP) is a networking protocol for clock synchronization between computer systems over packet-switched, variable-latency data networks. NTP is the most popular time synchronization protocol in current use.
PoE (Power over Ethernet) is an exciting and relatively new technology that allows devices to get both power and data over standard network cabling. It is the same technology that powers Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones.
GlobalTime’ GTD368 Series IP digital clocks are available in 4.0″ high characters with a 4 or 6 digit display. The GTD368 series is capable of running off of the Power Over Ethernet (POE) protocol. The PoE clock receives its power and data from a standard CAT5 patch cable via a PoE injector or switch. Each clock has an internal web browser that contains the clock’s settings and is easily configurable by the user. By simply using a Windows-based application, the entire system can be managed enabling administration to view and/or change existing configuration. The clock will receive its time from a SNTP time server for accurate timekeeping, thus eliminating the need of a master clock.
Digital Clock Features
1. Capable of running off the Power over Ethernet Protocol
2. Complete control of the entire clock system using a simple Windows-based application
3. Available in 4.0" display with 4 (00:00) or 6 (00:00:00) digits
4. Automatic bi-annual Daylight Savings Time
5. 12 or 24 hour display
6. Adjustable brightness levels in each digital clock
7. LED color display options include Red as standard, along with Green, White, Blue or Yellow, Amber at an additional cost
1. Interface with temperature and humidity sensor
2. Interface with bell relay
There is hardly such a thing as a typical workday for healthcare professionals; they tend to face new challenges every day. Efficient time management is an essential attribute for doctors, nurses and staff to possess in order to effectively tend to patients’ needs. It’s important for hospitals to provide their staff with the resources that can maximize this skill because the well being of patients as well as the reputation of a hospital hangs in the balance. Implementing a synchronized clock system is the most effective way to maximize time management skills in a hospital. A synchronized clock system can provide many benefits for a hospital that cannot be duplicated.