Quartz glass characteristics: Quartz glass tube is a special industrial technical glass made of silica, which is a very good basic material. Quartz glass has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties:
1. High temperature resistance. The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730°C, and it can be used for a long
time at 1200°C, and the maximum use temperature can reach 1450°C in a short time.
2. Corrosion resistance. Except for hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly reacts with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30
times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially its chemical stability at high temperatures is
impossible for any other engineering material. Comparable.
3. Good thermal stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of quartz glass is extremely small, and it can withstand severe temperature changes. When the quartz glass is heated to about 1200°C, it will not burst when placed in water at room temperature.
4. Good light transmission performance. Quartz glass has good light transmittance in the entire spectrum from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 98%, especially in the ultraviolet spectral region, the maximum transmittance can reach above 90%.
5. Good electrical insulation performance. The resistance value of quartz glass is equivalent to 10,000 times that of ordinary glass. It is an excellent electrical insulating material and has good electrical properties even at high temperatures.