1. Calcium hydroxide can be used in wastewater to neutralize free acid, acid salt, and hydroxide ion in wastewater, and it can react with metal ions to produce water-insoluble precipitates.
2. Calcium hydroxide is used in wastewater to adjust the PH value of wastewater to alkaline, which can better precipitate metal hydroxides.
3. Use it in agriculture to reduce soil acidity and improve soil structure;
4. It is mainly used to neutralize acid gases such as sulfur dioxide, sulfur trioxide, and a small amount of fluoride ion, chloride ion, etc., so that the sulfur content of the exhaust flue gas meets environmental protection standards.
5. Calcium hydroxide reacts with carbon dioxide in the air to produce calcium carbonate, which is white and hard to aid coagulation.
6. In this industry, in order to coat the metal surface, it is necessary to remove the impurities (metal oxides) on the surface of the metal plate first, so dilute sulfuric acid must be used to remove it first. The wastewater generated during the production process should be neutralized with calcium hydroxide.
7. Mainly used in the combing process in the leather manufacturing industry.
8. When producing silica bricks, calcium hydroxide can be used as an additive to enhance the strength and viscosity of the transfer.