MX321 AVR is a three phase sensed Automatic Voltage Regulator and forms part of the excitation system for a brush-less generator. Excitation power is derived from a three-phase permanent magnet generator (PMG), to isolate the VOLTAGE REGULATOR control circuits from the effects of nonlinear loads and to reduce radio frequency interference on the generator terminals. Sustained generator short circuit current is another feature of the PMG system.
The Stamford MX321 VOLTAGE REGULATOR senses the voltage in the main generator winding and controls the excitation to maintain the generator output voltage within the specified limits, compensating for load, speed, temperature and power factor of the generator.
* Voltage regulation < +/-0.5% RMS
* For use in parallel operation
* RAMP, DIP, DWELL, DROOP, RMS, U/F, Over Voltage & Over Excitation Adjustment Functions
* Over Exc. / Over Volt. & UFRO LED indicators
* Current limiting function