The headquarters of “Pasta Cuomo” is based in the heart of Gragnano, in the famous via Roma, a place that once saw the expert pasta makers teach the secrets to produce the best pasta in the world. Pasta Cuomo is an historical company that has its roots in 1820. It was precisely in that year that the adventure of our family began, that soon acquired great fame in Gragnano for the production of bronze-drawn pasta.
Starting from 1832 the brothers Antonio, Crescenzo and Nicola, in order to increase the production and sales of macaroni, rented several water mills owned by the Marquises Quiroga.
Some years later one of their nephews, Nicolino, used the ancient family palace, located in the central via Roma, to develop a vertical pasta factory in accordance with the Gragnano tradition. Thus was born the modino mill and pasta factory of Nicolino Cuomo, among the most avant-garde in the pasta industry.
The vertical arrangement of the pasta factory safeguarded the ancient and experienced craftsmanship processes and the typical division between the staff dedicated to kneading, bronze drawing, drying and packaging, that guarateed an excellent quality product.
And we couldn’t allow that all the historical legacy could be forgotten. So we decided to come back to Gragnano from Rome and London to recover that tradition and that history, that made Gragnano the city of pasta in the past, that otherwise would have been lost forever.
Via Roma 29
80054 – Gragnano (Na)
Call us: +39 3383977517