Herb Source: From flower bud of Prunus yedoensis Mats.
Active ingredient: Naringenin
CAS No.: 480-41-1
Assay Method: HPLC
Molecular Weight & Molecular Formula:C15H12O5;272.25
Naringin is the major flavonoid glycoside in grapefruit and gives grapefruit juice the bitter taste. It is metabolized to the flavanone naringenin in humans. Both naringenin and hesperetin, which are the aglycones of naringin and hesperidin, occur naturally in citrus fruits. Naringin exerts a variety of pharmacological effects such as antioxidant activity, blood lipid lowering, anticancer activity, and inhibition of selected drug metabolizing cytochrome P450 enzymes.
1. Naringenin has anticancer effect,killing lots of cancer cells.
2. Naringenin has effective scavenging of free radicals. Naringenin can has protective effect on brain hemisphere.
3. Naringenin can significantly lower the plasma cholesterol concentration and the hepatic cholesterol content.
4. Naringenin has also been shown to reduce hepatitis C virus production by infected hepatocytes (liver cells) in cell culture.
5. Naringenin have bioactive effect on human health as antioxidant, free radical scavenger, antisepsis, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic activity.
1) Pharmaceutical as capsules or pills;
2) Functional food as capsules or pills;
3) Water-soluble beverages;
4) Health products as capsules or pills.
1) Packing: By 25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bag.Outside layer of foil bags
2) Storage: Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
3) Shelf life: Two years under well storage situation.