Mainly used in the manufacture of ceramics, enamels, glass raw materials, abrasives, etc., in addition to the manufacture of potash fertilizers.
1. Ceramic body ingredients: Before firing, feldspar can be used as a barren raw material to reduce drying shrinkage and deformation of the green body, improve drying performance, and shorten drying time.
2. Glass flux: feldspar is one of the main components of glass mixture. Feldspar has high alumina content and low iron content, which can reduce the amount of alkali. In addition, the process of sodium feldspar into glass after melting is relatively slow, and its crystallization ability is small, which can prevent the precipitation of crystals during the glass formation process and damage the product, and albite can also be used to adjust the viscosity of the glass.
3. Ceramic glaze: Ceramic glaze is mainly composed of feldspar, seasoning and clay, and the content of potassium feldspar can reach 10-35%.
4. Enamel raw materials: As enamel glaze, feldspar is mainly used for blending other mineral raw materials into enamel.
5. Others: It can be used as raw material for extracting potash fertilizer.
6. Albite is also used in soaps, abrasives, abrasive tools, welding rods and other industries. The albite in the electrode coating can act as an arc stabilizer and a weld pool protector.