When arrange customs clearance, you will pay tax.You must calculate the ration time/cost How much tax will I pay for importing goods from China to Japan? As there isn’t any Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between both countries, and that the China-Korea-Japan FTA is still under negotiations, it is almost impossible for you to benefit of a duties and taxes exemption You will pay a tax/duty ranging from 13% to 17% when importing from China to Japan.
Mostly, 13% applies to products that fall under agricultural as well as utility items.
The only goods exempted from tax are those with a customs value of 10,000 yen or less.
Which Goods Can you Import from China to Japan?
China is the world’s largest manufacturing hub as well as exporter.
Meaning, any type of product can be found in the Chinese market.
Owing to this, there are several types of goods that you can import from China to Japan.
I also want you to know that not all types of goods are allowed in Japan. I shall elaborate on this later. Keep reading.
Here are some goods you can import from China to Japan;
* Machinery and transport equipment
* Raw materials
* Clothing and accessories
* Computer and units
* Telephony Telegraphy
* Live animals
* Mineral fuels
* Crude materials
* Office equipment
* Medical and Pharmaceutical products
* Gas, natural and manufactured
What is the Prohibited or Restricted Good for Import from China to Japan?
Before importing from China to Japan, it’s important to know about the restricted goods. You cannot import any kind of goods you wish from China to Japan due to the restrictions enacted on certain types of products.
Let me walk you through some of these prohibited goods;
* Explosives – Explosives are not restricted rather prohibited in Japan. These include gun powder and dynamites among others.
* Flammable products –As we are aware, there are several flammable products in the market and most of these are those that include ethanol as their ingredients.
Some of these products include insecticides and nail polish just to mention a few.
* Counterfeit items and pirated resources. Whether it is money, credit cards, or any other counterfeit products.
* Narcotic drugs –Some of these illegal drugs include; Cocaine, magic mushrooms, cannabis, heroin, opium, and psychotropic drugs among others.
* Firearms and ammunition –You are not allowed to bring in any form of firearm or ammunition into Japan. Whether it is a gun, gun powder, bombs, and biological weapons. It is highly prohibited.
Furthermore, empty guns are no exemption.
Owning such can only be exempted if you have a permit issued by the National Public Safety Commission.
* If you are planning to import hunting rifles, swords (more than 55cm blade length), air guns, and blades (more than 14 cm blade length) you need to be granted possession permission.
The Prefectural Public Safety Commission is responsible for providing possession permission to importers of such commodities.
* Pornographic materials. This might include books, paintings, or drawings. Pornographic materials are not allowed in Japan.
* Radioactive materials
* Plants (including herbal plants) – In a bid to control pest infestation in the country, Japan has restrictions on the
importation of certain types of plants. Before commencing your importation process from China to Japan it’s important to confirm with the Plant Quarantine Station’s website.
* Vaporizing materials
* Meat products or animal-derived products –Japan doesn’t allow meat and meat products into the country owing to the existence of livestock diseases. Some of these products include; Meat, eggs, raw milk, straw of grains, and hay for feed (for some regions).However, if you acquire an inspection certificate from the government agency of the country exporting you shall be exempted.
* Germs, which might be used for bioterrorism