Turcite b is a thermoplastic resin used in industrial applications that require reduction of friction on bearings and moving parts.
Turcite b is PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) resins with added fillers such as bronze, that are extruded into solid billets as opposed to compression molding. Billets are then skived to a nominal thickness in 24" wide rolls, with lengths varying depending on thickness. One side or both sides are etched depending on application to accept the adhesive. Turcite is a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) based bearing material with low friction for machine tool industry linear bearing applications.
• Low friction without stick slip for positional accuracy at different velocities, especially low speeds
• Low coefficient of friction in intermittent lack of lubrications
• Chemical resistant to a broad range of lubricants for extended product life
• Reduces machine tool vibration through damping characteristics
• Minimal abrasion of hardware, preventing damage to counter surfaces
• High wear resistance for extended product life
• Thicknesses to meet design requirements
Red, Blue, Green