What are the applications of coiled cable?
Coiled cable can be used in an array of fields. Different industries such as retail, medical, dental, communications, robotics,
electronics, among others, utilize these recoil curly cords in their various machines and equipment. Many gadgets and appliances
like GPS units and powered coolers rely on a flexible coiled cable to function properly. From common key chains to specialized
medical devices, the applications of coiled cable are virtually limitless. Here are a few examples of machines and devices that
use a coiled cable:
Telecommunication Cable Assemblies
Car Manufacturing Contraptions
Garage Door Gears
Audio and Video
Cell Phone Car Chargers
Global Positioning System (GPS) Units
Industrial Ice Cream Making Machines
Coiled cable(also known as: spiral cable)
It is necessary to use coiled cables in almost all industries. Whether in communication (telephone, radio), medical technology,electric locomotive industry, mechanical engineering, or lighting industry, coiled cables are used everywhere.If you use PVC and PUR cables, the color of the coiled cable can be coordinated with the color of the object in most cases. At the same time we can also supply: shielded coiled cable, coiled cable for instrumentation, coiled cable for automobile power supply, coiled cable for transformer power supply, coiled cable for large-scale electro-mechanical equipment, coiled cable for washing machine power supply.
1.PVC coiled cable: High economy, low mechanical and chemical resistance, medium elasticity. It is suitable for installation and use in light industry, computer and other occasions.
2. PUR coiled cable: Good elasticity. It has excellent mechanical and chemical properties, especially cold resistance, oil
resistance, weather resistance, abrasion resistance and tear resistance. It is suitable for use in machinery manufacturing,
electric tools and other occasions. It is the best solution in most areas of application.
3. PUR shielded coiled cable: It has excellent chemical properties. Particularly resistant to cold, oil, weather, abrasion and
tearing. The spiral overall shielding structure can resist all kinds of electromagnetic interference. Especially suitable for all
occasions requiring minimal installation space, such as medical treatment, semiconductor, and chips.
Coiled Cable Materials
Coiled cable from Shanghai Fengy Cable is available with the following materials:
Conductor:fine strands copper wire, oxygen-free copper wire
Wrapping tape:Special non-woven wrap cushioning
Outer jacket material:TPU/PUR/TPE-E/PVC
Shield:tinned copper/aluminum foil wrapped shield
Outer sheath color:Black/White/Orange/Purple (special specifications can be produced according to customer requirements).
Working temperature: cold resistance-35℃; temperature resistance within +90℃
Production range: Standard section: 0.03～4 square meters (special specifications can be produced according to customer requirements).
Number of cores: 1～37 (special specifications can be produced according to customer requirements).
Coiled cable production process
A. Linear material preparation
1. Stranded core conductor as required (single wire diameter, number of wires, material-bare copper, copper foil wire, tinned
2. Pull core wire (core wire ID size, core wire color, material PVC, PP, PE)
3. Twisted core wire (single pair, twisted pair, paired pair)
4. Whether to add a ground wire
5. Whether to add reinforced core (filled rope, cotton thread, nylon wire, yellow bladder wire, plastic rope, etc.)
6. Whether to add a shielding layer and waterproof layer (aluminum foil shielding paper, waterproof, moisture-proof paper)
7. Add winding layer as required (bare copper, tinned copper, aluminum foil wire)
8. Outer quilt (PVC, PU, TPU, PUR)
B. Spring wire baking
1.Wrap the wire on the coil, control the length of the coil, the length of both ends
2. Fix both ends with clamps, set the angle as required (90 degrees, 180 degrees)
3.Arrange the shelves,
4.Push in the oven and heat up (temperature)
5.Constant temperature setting, (setting time)
6. Cooling, (air cooling, water cooling)
7. Go offline,
9.Measure, tie, bundle (arrange, trim, and pack as required)