Process period: the low instar larvae were bred for 6 days, and the commercial larvae were
grown for another 6 days.
The standard of low instar larvae: body length 8-10 mm, after removing frass and separate
packing, it will enter the process of commercial larvae cultivation phase.
The standard of commercial larvae: body length 2 cm, black larvae≤3%.
Production efficiency: an average of 2 minutes per tray, consumption of 80 – 100KG of solid
residue, production of 15 -20KG fresh BSFL (depending on raw materials).
Area efficiency: the automatic growing system can realize 12 layers high density culture within
the height of 5 meters. Culture area / land area > 5.
Automatic BSFL growing system includes growing line, lift &. transfer mechanism, feeding
mechanism, harvest mechanism, environment control system and PLC automatic control system.
Every feeding can cover 5 – 6 days culture period, and be able to realize multi-feeding for the
supplement. A high degree of automation, after setting the parameters, the system will operate
System content as:
1) Lift &. Transfer mechanism: a full set of mainframe with flipping function and 1 set of slave
machine at the tail end.
2) Growing line: composed of columns and tracks, the main body of the tank has 12 layers,
length 50 meters. The total length of the mechanism is 56meters, a height of 4.5 meters and
a width of 2.5 meters.
3) Growing trays: a total of 601 trays (50 trays/layer * 12 layers + 1 moving tray), with a total
culture area of 1200 m 2 (600 trays * 2 m 2).
4) Feed and larvae input mechanism: feed material temporary storage, conveying pump,
electromagnetic flowmeter or weighing module.
5) Interlayer ventilation and cooling: applied industrial fan to blow intermittently between the
layers to reduce the temperature.
6) Sealing cover, length 50 meters, height 5 meters, width 4 meters. Area occupied 58*4 = 232
m 2 .
1. a) Method 1: greenhouse film sealing, low cost, lack of beauty.
1. b) Method 2: sandwich rock wool board sealing, high cost, strong and neat.