nvg night vision monocular for boating use
A. Model Explanation
The 1st letter “D”: the abbreviation of our brand Daking
The 2nd letter :M”: Monocular
The 1st number 2/3: generation 2 / 3 (IIT grade)
The 2nd and 3rd number 04: the 4th item we have released
The 4th number 1: magnification for objective lens
B. Product description
D-M2041 and D-M3041 are nvg night vision monocular for boating use on the market. They can be used handheld, head mounted or helmet mounted for hands-free, weapons mounted for hunting or shooting or attached to a camera or camcorder for nighttime photography.
C. Kit includes
Night Vision Monocular, Flip-up head mount, Protective carrying bag, Instruction manual, Lens cleaning cloth, Warranty card, Desiccant
1.IP67 weatherproof: The device can work even under 1m water for 1 hour.
2.Automatic shut off when flipped up: The device will turn off automatically when pushing a button on the side of mount and lifting the unit up until reaches in the top position. Push the same button to lower monocular to the viewing position, then the device will turn on for continuation of operation.
3.No power consumption when in standby: It means no power consumption in case you forget to remove the battery for some days.
4.Embedded spring in battery’s cap: It makes screwing the cap easier and better protect the spring and contact with the battery.
5.Fully adjustable head mount: The head mount can be adjusted according to head size.
6.Mil-spec multi-coated optic: Multi antireflection film can restrain the reflex of lens, which can reduce the loss of light so more light can go though the lens to get a sharp image.
7.Automatic brightness control: When the ambient light changes, the brightness of the image detected will keep the same to insure a stable viewing effect and also to protect users’ eyesight.
8.Bright source protection: The device will shut off automatically in 10 seconds to avoid the damage of the image intensifier tube when the ambient light exceeds 40 Lux.
9.Low battery indication: A greenish light in the edge of eyepiece will start flickering when the battery is running low.
Detection distance (m)
Range of focus (m)
110 x 68 x 42
110 x 68 x 42
Power supply (v)
Battery type (v)
1 3V CR123A lithium battery
1 3V CR123A lithium battery
Battery life (hrs)
F. Mechanical parts code and name
1. Do not disassemble the unit.
2. It’s better to use device under +5°C to +40°C. After the unit usage in temperatures below zero, wait at least 3 hours at room temperature,to avoid condensation accumulating on the internal lens surfaces and the consequent fogging caused by extreme temperature differences.
3. Keep the device in soft carrying bag, ventilated and dry place with temperature which does not exceed +15°C. Keep away from heating device and avoid direct sunlight and high humidity which does not exceed 70%.
4. NVD should be used in nighttime and can’t be aim at strong light. If you have to test it during daytime, the front lens cap should never be removed. You can observe the target through the hole in the protection cap.
5. Use good quality lithium battery or alkaline cell, as bad quality batteries will effect the performance of the NVD and easily damage the device.
6. Try to avoid the rain and mist, and avoid dropping, shaking and collision.
7. Use clean soft cloth and dampened in alcohol,if necessary.
8. A useful tip is to remove the battery when the night vision will be not in use for over 3 days to prevent battery leakage and damaging the device.
NOTE: It is normal that the device can not be turned on when the ambient light exceeds 40 Lux. This device has protection system, which cuts off the image intensifier when ambient light level exceeds the limit of 40 Lux during a 10 seconds period.
Failture to follow the above precautions may cause the unit damage and will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
If the device does not turn on
1. Reinstall the battery with the correct polarity.
2. Replace battery.
3. Clean the battery compartment, focusing on the contact points.
The observed image flickers or flashes
This means there is too much light(e.g.obervation during twilight conditions).Turn off the unit or place the objective lens cover.The unit will function normally in light conditions not in excess of 0.1Lx(full moon).
The image is missing or not focused
1. Re-focus the unit by adjusting objective lens.Adjust diopter setting by rotating eyepiece,if necessary.
2. Check the cleanliness of the objective surface and eyepiece and clean if necessary.
3. Replace batteries.
4. In extreme low light conditions,activate the built-in IR illuminator.
Image disappeared or its quality worsened
1. Automatic shut off might occurred to protect the unit from excessive light. Attach the objective lens cover and ensure that unit started to function normally. Turn the unit off and wait until the conditions darken to continue observation.
2. Bright light sources(e.g.street lights)may cause visibility to decrease or disappear.Turn the monocular away from the light source,visibility will restore itself in several minutes.
You see black dots on the screen
These dots are minor cosmetic blemishes resulting from the image intensifier production processes and are not a sign of a defective or low quality unit.These dots do not interfere with the reliability and performance of the monocular.
Our warranty is 2 years from the date of purchase.