A universal joint is a mechanical device that allows two shafts not in line (offset) with each other limited freedom of movement in any direction whilst transmitting rotary motion and torque. It is an ideal form of coupling each two shafts by universal joints when offset is unavoidable in synchronous pair or multiple units screw jack lifting system.
The universal joint material is available in alloy steel, stainless steel or special materials for increased over load and reliability, the single joint configuration can accept up to 25 degrees of angular misalignment where as the double joint designs can accept up to 50 degrees of shaft misalignment. Model designs can include needle bearings, hardened bushes or plain pin, depending on torque and speed requirements.
3 types of Universal joint, Single, Double and Expandable. Expandable type have splines for telescopic movement. Various type of bores, cylindrical, square Hexagon to suit every application.
Single universal joints can compensate an angular offset of up to 45° between the input and output shaft. They typically operate at larger angles and higher torques than other types of couplings. They are also torsionally rigid and do not flex or wind up.
Single joints are subject to non-uniform speeds at input and output shafts. This means that when the speed at the input shaft is constant, the speed at the output shaft fluctuates.
Double Universal Joints can be created from two single joints by pinning or butting the hubs together, or specially designing the double joints with a single center section, to eliminate additional machining and assembling.
The advantage over a single joint is either an increased operating angle (W configuration) or the capacity to compensate parallel misalignment. They can also compensate the non-constant veloctiy between driving and driven shaft on a Single Universal Joint as long as they are oriented correctly.
There are also applications that require a length change of the drive shaft in operation since one or both ends move. Depending on the application and enviroment, different profiles can be selected to design the center sliding feature. The simplest form is a square or hex shaft on one side with a mating hub on the other side. These connections are robust and cost efficient. For more precision and /or torque capacity, parallel sided splines or shafts with multiple keys are a better option. Angled or involute spline profiles are available for extreme cases, but they come at a significantly higher cost.
Wear on the shaft can be an issue when the sliding features move under load and during rotation – especially for stainless steels. Heat treatment or special coatings can be used to counter the negative effects. In some cases, ball splines may offer a low friction and low wear option for long life.
|Universal Coupling Joints Specifications and Sizes|
1. Ocean freight: seaport to seaport, price terms CIF, FOB, EXW, CFR etc.
2. Air freight: airport to airport, price terms EXW, CRF etc.
3. Air courier: DHL, FEDEX, UPS, TNT door to door shipment, price terms DDU, CPT etc.
100% standard exporting plywood cases.
Note: International Exporting Standard Wooden Material with Free Fumigation.
* One of the biggest orders with 1750 units screw jacks.
* Standard products with 2D Drawings(DXF, DWG, PDF) and 3D CAD Model(STEP).
* 100% quality assured with double quality inspections. Original Inspection Reports, Operation Manual, and Book Catalogue are put into the packages.
* 100% safety transportation with strong standard export plywood cases materials (free fumigation).
* International standard materials for all standard products.
* Custom design available, OEM service available, Free engineering advice and Customer label available.
1. Theatrical solutions stage and orchestra platform lifts projects. Customers are from France, Australia, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Spain and Canada.
2. Hydroelectric power station projects and water conservancy projects. Customers are from Vietnam, Australia, Malaysia, Belgium, United States and United Kingdom.
3. Aircraft maintenance platforms and docking systems projects. Customers are from Singapore.
4. Solar panel tracking system projects. Customers are from Spain, India and Canada.
5. Bolted steel storage tanks and silos lifting solutions. Customers are from South Africa, United States, Mexico and Vietnam.
6. Dish antenna elevation and azimuth positioning projects. Customers are from Singapore, Malaysia and United States.
7. Railway wagon projects. Customers are from South Africa.
8. Beverage can production lines. Customers are from Netherlands, United States, Thailand and Indonesia.
9. Steel factories production lines. Customers are from United States.
10. Continuous PU sandwich panel production lines. Customers are from Thailand and United Kingdom.
* Manual Screw Jacks.
* Electric Screw Jacks.
* Worm Gear Screw Jacks Series.
* Bevel Gear Screw Jack Series.
* Electric Cylinders Series.
* Spiral Bevel Gearboxes Series.
* Lifting Systems and Accessories.
* Electric Linear Actuators Series.
* Geared Motor and Gear Reducers Series.
1. American Countries: United States, Mexico, Canada, Chile.
2. European Countries: Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Czech Republic, Portugal, Sweden, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Norway, Ireland, Georgia, Slovenia.
3. Asian Countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Israel.
4. Oceanian Countries: Australia, New Zealand.
5. African Countries: South Africa, Egypt.
JACTON INDUSTRY Co., Ltd (VAT No.: 9144190007026567X3) is one of the leading companies in the field of Screw Jacks(Mechanical Actuators), Bevel Gearboxes, Lifting Systems, Linear Actuators, Gearmotors and Speed Reducers. We are an audited professional manufacturer and supplier by SGS (Serial NO.: QIP-ASI192186) and BV (Serial NO.: MIC-ASR202862) organizations. We have a strict quality system, with senior engineers, experienced skilled workers and practiced sales teams, and consistently provide the customers with the best engineered solution for precision linear actuation, power transmission and mechanical jacking systems. Jacton Industry guarantees quality, reliability, performance and value for today′s demanding industrial applications.
1. What type of payment methods do you accept?
We accept Wire transfer, Credit Card, Paypal, Alibaba Trade Assurance order, Western Union and L/C etc.
2. Can I get one sample to test?
Yes, sample can be at a normal price and welcomed. The transport fees are at your account.
3. How about the quality of your product?
Jacton industry is only focus on the field of Screw Jacks(Mechanical Actuators), Bevel Gearboxes, Lifting Systems, Linear Actuators, Gearmotors and Speed Reducers.
4. OEM/ODM Accepted?
Yes, Please send you new product drawings or sample to us if you have, and we can custom-made as your required. We will also provide professional advices of the products to make the design to be maximize the performance.
5. If you can not find the product on our website,how do you do?
Please send us inquiry with product pictures and drawings by email or other ways you prefer, we'll check if we could produce.
6. Can I trust you?
Absolutely yes. Samples could be provided to test firstly, and we can use Alibaba trade assurance service to do business to guarantee both the seller and buyer's benefit, and we are golden supplier for years.
7. What's our products warranty?
One year quality guarantee for the products from your purchase date, except the human damage.