Executive standard: Q/YTY005-2011
Chemical name: Sodium tetraborate
CAS RN: 1330-43-4
1. Physical and chemical properties:
1.1 Molecular formula: Na2B4O7
1.2 Molecular weight: 201.22
1.3 Structure formula:
1.4 Melting point: 742.5℃(for orthorhombic crystal A); 664℃(for orthorhombic crystal B)
1.5 Density: 2.28 (for orthorhombic crystal A); 2.75(for orthorhombic crystal B)
1.6 Properties: Its hygroscopicity is extremely strong. Dissolved in water, but slowly dissolved in methanol to form a concentration of 13-16% solution.
2. Technical indexes:
Sodium Borate content,%
3. Application: Sodium Borate has been mainly used in the manufacturing high quality glass, optical glass, glaze of pottery and porcelain, glaze of enamel, detergent, bleaching agent, cleaning agents, flame retardant, rust inhibitor and caking agent. It could be also used as the carrier of the lubricant used in metal wiredrawing, the stabilizer of refractory material and skeleton former, the coated fluxing agent in metallurgy, the retarder of cement and concrete, the buffer of pH value in water system and emulsifier of paraffin.
4. Safety instructions: Toxic by ingestion, inhalation, eye and skin contact. Eye and skin contact can cause inflammation. Mouse, oral: LD50=1060mg/kg; rat, oral: LD50=1200mg/kg. Rubber gloves, respirator and eye protection must be used during operations in case of skin contact, eyes contact..
5. Packing: Woven bag lined with plastic bag, net weight 25kg /bag.
6. Storage: Store at cool, dry and ventilate. The shelf life is 12 months after manufacturer date. It is still available if retest result is qualified after expire date Sodium borate is a stable crystal under normal condition. If it is moistened it will react with water and release microcalorimetry.When keep in humidity condition or temperature dramatic changed environment , it may caking. Cautions in storage should keep away from the dramatic change environment, and ensure intact packing.
7. Transportation: Avoid water, exposure and violent collision .Do not transport with strong oxidizers.
Established in 1971 , Now We are One of biggest professional chemical materials
manufacturers and suppliers.
We have passed GJB9001B 2009(National Military Standard) quality management
system certification , which is stricter than IS09001 international quality certificate ,
So we are sure that our product is with high quality.
The customers visit our factory
Why choose us
1.Military production unit with high quality
2. Professional Service (Firstly reply, Fastly delivery)
3. Accept small order
4.Over forty years technique deposition
* In addition:The company could research and develop the new products according to the special demand of our clients.
More detail please email us or reach me on my Skype ID:Johor Zheng
1.Why choose Tanyun Chemical company?
We are the manufacturer with more than 40 years history.
2.what is ur payment term?
T/T in advance
Soon after payment
4.Are u manufacturer?
Yes,we are manufacturer
welcome to inquiry !