2u chassis PowerEdge R740 Intel Xeon dell server dell server
Expand and optimize application performance
The scalable business architecture of the R740 can scale up to three 300W or six 150W GPUs, or up to four FPGAs.
With up to 16 2.5” drives or 8 3.5” drives the R740 provides the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the perfect platform for VDI deployments.
• Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
• Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
• Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
Automate systems management with OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R740 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
• Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
• Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Rely on PowerEdge with built-in security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server lifecycle. The R740 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
• Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
• Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
• Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
• Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8170 2.1G,26C/52T,10.4GT/s 2UPI,36M Cache,Turbo,HT (165W) DDR4-2666
8GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Single Rank
16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank
32GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank
400GB SSD SATA Mix Use 6Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Drive,3.5in HYB CARR, Hawk-M4E, 3 DWPD,2190 TBW
3 Year Basic Hardware Warranty Repair, 5X10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD On-site
ReadyRails™ Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm
Processor Thermal Configuration
1 Standard Heatsink for 125W or less CPU
Chassis with up to 16 x 2.5" SAS/SATA Hard Drives for 1CPU Configuration
C13 to C14, PDU Style, 12 AMP, 2 Feet (.6m) Power Cord, North America
C3, RAID 1 for 2 HDDs or SSDs (Matching Type/Speed/Capacity)
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
PERC H740P RAID Controller, 8GB NV Cache, Minicard
Riser Config 1, 4 x8 slots
Embedded Systems Management
Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 495W