PCM260 Submersible Level Transmitter
PCM260 Submersible Level Transmitter accurately measures static pressure of the liquid proportional to the level depth using high performance piezoresistive diffused silicon pressure sensor as the measuring element. The result is converted to standard current or voltagesignal output through signal conditioning circuit, establishing the linear corresponding relation between the output signal and liquid depth to complete the measurement of the liquid depth. The product has advantages of high precision andsmall volume. Submerse it directly into liquid, the height between the end of the transmitter to the liquid surface is measured easily. The product is applicable to the measurement and control of the liquid level in the petroleum, chemical industry, power plant, urban water supply and hydrological exploration fields.
PCM260 has passed long-term aging and stability screening with stable and reliable performance and can be used in harsh outdoor environment. Meanwhile, it can display liquid level on site. Zero shift and full scale span shift available.
Supply & output
4~20mA (18~36V, 24V typical)
4~20mA with display (12~36V, 24V typical)
1~5V, 0~5V, 0.5~4.5V, 0~10V (12~32V, 24V typical)
0m~10m H2O: 0℃~60℃
10m~200m H2O: -10℃~70℃
Zero temp. coefficient
±1.5%FS (within compensated temp.)
Span temp. coefficient
±1.5%FS (within compensated temp.)
≤1ms (Up to 90%FS)
Long term stability
Low copper aluminum alloy for junction box; stainless steel for level probe
Polyurethane wire for cable
All kinds of media compatible with stainless steel 304
Installation instructions (for reference only)
1. Installation in still water (deep wells, pools, liquid tanks, etc.)
1) When measuring the level of stationary fluid in an open container, place the level transmitter vertically into the bottom of the container and secure the cable connecting the transmitter to the junction box at the opening of the container.
2) When the medium viscosity is relatively large (such as sewage pool), casing or bracket can be installed to ensure that the transmitter can be put into the bottom of the container.
3) When doing an open-air installation, the terminal box of the transmitter should be placed in a ventilated and dry place to avoid direct exposure to light and rain, which may cause the shell temperature to be too high or water to get inside and damage the internal circuit board.
2. Installation in moving water (rivers, lakes, etc.)
1) When measuring the water level in flowing water, when the medium fluctuates greatly, a steel pipe can be inserted in the water channel with an inner diameter of about 50 cm. Make several holes of about Φ5 in diameter on the side of the immersed pipe opposite to the flow direction to allow water to enter the pipe and fix the cable and junction box at the outlet of the pipe.
2) When the medium of the water channel fluctuates greatly or the sediment is large, a damping device can be installed to filter the sediment, eliminate the adverse effects of dynamic pressure and wave and ensure the measurement accuracy.
3) When installing the product in lightening intensified area, please indicate “Lightning Protection” when placing an order. Meanwhile, it is recommended that users install lightning protection devices at the site and ensure that the product and power supply are reliably grounded to reduce damage to the transmitter caused by lightning.
How to order
Refer to product model PCM260, with pressure range 1.5m H2O, output signal 4~20mA (24VDC supply), electrical connection cable outlet, cable length 1.5m.
1. The part of cable exceeding the standard cable length
2.PCM260 anti-blocking protective cover (with filter)
Piezoresistive Silicon Submersible Liquid/Water Level Sensor with CE