1. Insert the spindle into the centre of the cable drum using a crane or forklift.
2. Insert spindle cones on either side of the cable drum and secure firmly. Ensure the clearance is a maximum of 300 mm on either side of the cable drum.
3. Ensure the cable unwinds off the cable drum from the underside, never from the top.
4. Position one cable jack onto a solid surface. Each cable jack is fitted with three levelling pads. Adjust the level by winding or unwinding with a wrench until the cable jack is completely level at all three points.
5. Use a Spirit Level to check the level of the set up.
6. Rotate the bearing block so the locking screw faces the front. Open the bearing blocks on both cable jacks.
7. Using a forklift or crane, slowly lower the spindle and cable drum into the bearing blocks ensuring the spindle with the fixed end aligns completely with the bearing block.
8. Ensure the locking end of the spindle is completely seated in the bearing block.
9. Close the bearing blocks over both ends of the spindle and secure firmly.
10. The cable drum is ready to spool the cable from the underside of the cable drum.